Smack in the center of historic Gettysburg on Lincoln Square, you will find plenty to do on New Years Eve. Book a dinner at one of Gettysburg's fine restaurants. Then bundle up for the lead up to the fireworks at midnight. The town closes down the main roads through town as everyone gathers on Lincoln Square for the count-down to midnight.
- D.J. Denny White will start spinning tunes at 9 p.m. At 9:30, the variety band One More Time will play followed by classic rockers Audacity at 10:30.
- Adventure in Fun will provide balloon art in the Gettysburg Hotel lobby from 10-12 with hot food and drinks provided by Hunt's Battlefield Fries.
- The Adams County Arts Council's new Arts Education Center at 125 S. Washington St. will be hosting children's art and crafts activities from 7-9 p.m.
- Christ Lutheran Church at 44 Chambersburg St. will be hosting various entertainment events, including jazz by pianist Herb Sell from 7:30-8:30, magic with Joe Kerrigan from 8:45-9:30, a community sing-along from 9:45-10:15 and Cormorant's Fancy playing folk, Celtic and seasonal tunes from 10:30-11:30. Christ Lutheran Church will provide hot cider and refreshments throughout the evening.
- The countdown to midnight will begin at 11:30 on the Gettysburg Hotel porch with a funny hat contest. Gettysburg Mayor William Troxell, Gettysburg's Abraham Lincoln James Getty and vocalist Meg Folkemer will help bring in the new year prior to a fireworks display courtesy of ACNB Bank over the square.
The whole show is put on by the Adams County Arts Council.